Winnipeg Cab History / 61: The Winnipeg Taxi War (1)
Previous page Next page Winnipeg Cab History Taxi Library Home

Click on the picture to return to Winnipeg Cab History.

Above: Black & White taxis at the CPR station about 1928. The company was started in 1918 by Lorne Bucknam and James C. Walmsley. It operated as Bucknam & Walmsley until about 1925 when its name was changed to Black & White. The company survived until 1951. Below: Ad for Black & White Taxi from the 1925 Winnipeg telephone book. The telephone stations are all in central Winnipeg (none in the suburban municipalities).

Previous page Next page Winnipeg Cab History Taxi Library Home