Winnipeg Cab History / 23: Cab Stands (1)
Previous page Next page Winnipeg Cab History Taxi Library Home

Click on the picture to return to Winnipeg Cab History.

The Queen's Hotel, Portage and Notre Dame Avenues, in 1900 (Notre Dame side). The Queen's Hotel, built in 1879, was Winnipeg's foremost hotel during the 1880's. Its 100-foot bar was the longest in Western Canada. Six inches of sawdust on the barroom floor soaked up the spills. The Queen's was purchased by the Bank of Toronto in 1945 and demolished in 1948.

Previous page Next page Winnipeg Cab History Taxi Library Home